The Chrysanthemum, the Journal of the National Chrysanthemum Society. This informative quarterly features articles and reports on chrysanthemum culture, updates on new plant introductions, floral design, and society activities.
- History of the Chrysanthemum Learn more about the chrysanthemum from 15th Century B.C. to modern times.
- Chrysanthemum Classifications For ease of identification the National Chrysanthemum Society divides bloom forms in 13 classes. Color photos and detailed description of each class.
- What To Do and When Month by month check list.
- Soil-Composition And Management Roll up your sleeves and slip on your gloves, it’s time to talk dirt.
- Soil pH and Measurement Learn more about pH and how to measure it.
- Where to Grow Chrysanthemums Not sure if you have found the perfect spot, check here first.
- Planting and Early Care Be sure to give your chrysanthemums plenty of attention early in the growing season.
- Great New Spider in 2003 Learn more about the new spider from King’s catalog.
- Fukusukes-Aren’t They Charming! Learn one grower’s successful techniques for growing these dwarf chrysanthemums.
Back Issues of The Chrysanthemum
Back copies of The Chrysanthemum journal are available in limited
quantities and for specific issues from the NCS Secretary. The cost is
$5.00 per copy/issue (postage included). Checks should be payable to NCS.
Please send a request to
P.O. Box 20456
Roanoke, VA 24018-0046
or e-mail a request to email@example.com .